Sekolah Seri Puteri (SSP)16/03/2017
Sekolah Seri Puteri (SSP) - Case Study
Sekolah Seri Puteri was founded on 6 May 1990, and the original name was Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Perempuan Jalan Kolam Ayer (Female Secondary School of Jalan Kolam Ayer), Kuala Lumpur. It was established to provide secondary education for students from across Malaysia. On 1 May 2003, Sekolah Seri Puteri moved from Jalan Kolam Ayer to its current location in Cyberjaya.
The school can accommodate up to 1,200 students along with 250 academic and support staff. The main building contains a large hall, recreation and sports facilities, classrooms, laboratories, and workshops blocks. The site also includes a student residence, a teacher residence, and a dining hall. A great hall holds 1,200 people, and a lecture hall seats 255 people.
o SSP needs to control student internet behaviours and generate user bandwidth and traffic report.
o SSP requires to have a firewall which can provide protection to internal network. SSP was previously using a Firewall as a gateway protection but weren’t too satisfied with it.
o Authentication system: SSP requires to have a SSO integration with their MS AD and generate report with actual username.
o SSP was looking for the most valuable solution in terms of price/performance.
• Unable to monitor and control user internet behaviours.
• Users complained that internet speed is slow when browsing internet, but SSP couldn’t identify what were the reasons.
• P2P behaviours application consumed most of the bandwidth but SSP was unable to block it with the previous appliance
• Only provided authentication system for Wi-Fi users, no authentication on LAN users segment.
• No protection on their current server farms against advance attacks such as website defacement.
How SANGFOR aBOS helped SSP?
• SSP’s IT team can create 4 virtual machines in aBOS for some lightweight system server such as DNS, DHCP, File System, etc.
• Centralize management UI to manage SANGFOR IAM and NGAF, and virtual servers
• From a cost perspective, aBOS can hold SANGFOR IAM, NGAF and 4 servers with an affordable pricing.
What vNGAF provided to SSP?
Security Features for endpoints and servers
• APT protection.
• Email Protection.
• Ransomware protection.
• Enable WAF to protect on Server Zone, effectively provided layer 7 protection for every server.
• Risk assessment tools which can provide real time vulnerabilities scan on all the servers to find out any loop hole or server vulnerabilities.
What vIAM provided to SSP?
• Network to surf internet. Including bandwidth consumption, application used history, website browsing history, online duration, etc.
• Block illegal websites such as pornography, gambling and malicious websites on both HTTP and HTTPS.
• Enable application control for P2P streaming media, P2P download tools, so that P2P application won’t abuse campus network.
• Using Sangfor IAM to do bandwidth limitation for streaming media application. Also, guaranteed bandwidth for browsing education websites and application to ensure user experience.
• Sangfor IAM has report which can provide IT administrator with detail user behaviours and analysis user statistics such as bandwidth consume, website access, applications usage etc.
• IT team can identify the network slow issue by the report details.
Customer Network Topology