Success Stories

Below you will find all the Success Stories of Sangfor, classified by Industry, such as Enterprises, Governments, Schools & Universities, etc.

Sony EMCS (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.

02/11/2017
Customer Overview

Sony Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation. Its diversified business includes consumer and professional electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services.

Sony EMCS (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. manufactures television, audio, video, and hi-fi products and operates as a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. It was formerly known as Sony Technology Malaysia and changed its name to Sony EMCS (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. in June 2008.


Challenges

Sony EMCS (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. planned to improve its R&D Centre with better internet bandwidth and infrastructure, especially because of today’s increasing requirements for video and audio quality.

To improve the quality of product research & testing result, Sony EMCS R&D Centre restructured their network infrastructure to provide a high performance & productive testing environment free from security attacks. The main pain point was that the bandwidth should be reliable and available whenever needed.


Key Requirements:

1. Testing in R&D Centre requires to play 4K Ultra HD videos. Videos will be played by connecting Sony’s TVs to the HD video database in the Cloud.
2. In order to keep up with the increasing requirements, Sony EMCS has deployed a new internet line, with a total of 2 ISP lines.
3. Fail over between the two internet lines are necessary as R&D Centre staff is very concerned on the daily product testing result.
4. 80% of the internet bandwidth is reserved for R&D purpose while the other 20% is reserved for Staff & Guest Wi-Fi.
5. Guarantee and ensure the bandwidth for each Sony Television used for testing.

6. Avoid any cyber security incident, which will consume the internet bandwidth & other resources with a safe network environment.


Sangfor Solution

Based on Sony EMCS (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. requirements, Sangfor has proposed IAM M6000 and NGAF M5500 to solve the network issues and improve the overall productivity of the R&D department of Sony EMCS.

1. SANGFOR NGAF – Next Generation Application Firewall
• Act as a gateway device and provide features such as routing, NAT, DHCP , Access Control, etc.
• Internet line failover to the other ISP line if one internet line is down.
• Enable endpoint protection with IPS, APT and gateway antivirus protection.

2. SANGFOR IAM – Internet Access Management
• Centralized monitor and control of 3 VLAN segments, which are R&D department, Staff & Guest network.
• Reserve and allocate bandwidth to different VLAN Segments, 20% for Staff & Guest Wi-Fi, 80% for R&D Centre.
• Bandwidth guaranteed for testing televisions. Each television is assigned with enough bandwidth to access 4k HD Video in the Cloud.
• Provide authentication landing page to Staff & Guest for Wi-Fi with customized portal.
• MAC binding for Staff using Wi-Fi to ensure that only verified Staff can connect.


Network Topology




Our Social Networks

Global Service Center:

COPYRIGHT © 2000-2017 SANGFOR TECHNOLOGIES INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.